- Sample size and power calculation (eg biomarker studies),
- Data collection from the public domain,
- Preliminary data analyses and figures,
- Study planning and design details
- Literature review (e.g. determining most relevant technologies and analysis techniques)
- Assistance with grant sections describing biostatistics / bioinformatics methodology
I have considerable experience in the development of competitive research proposals with Canadian (CIHR, NSERC, Genome Canada, CRS, CCSRI, FRSQ, QBCF) and international organizations (ERC, Suzanne Komen).